TRASH & RECYCLING INFORMATION
TRASH PICK-UP – weekly on Tuesday
- Trash must be put out the night before, or no later than 7:00 a.m. the day of service.
YARD WASTE REGULATIONS - Yard waste is picked up on your regular trash days with the following guidelines:
- Limited to 3 bags outside the toter per pick-up day.
- Bags must be tied and must not exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard waste that does not meet these requirements is outside the scope of the vendor’s contract and can be picked up on the large bulk pick-up day.
- Land-clearing debris (tree removal), building or building demolition materials will not be accepted on any day.
LARGE BULK PICK-UP - Every other Thursday (see monthly bulletin and KCSA website calendar for dates)
- Sticks/branches/limbs need to be tied/bundled, must not be longer than 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter.
- Kitchen appliances including refrigerators/freezers tagged by a contractor stating Freon has been removed.
- Mattresses/box springs
- Household furniture
- TV sets
- Outdoor furniture
- Gas grills (not the propane tank)
- Hot water heater
- Toilet tanks
- Push lawn mowers
Gas, oil or liquid of any kind must be removed for pick-up.
- Provided by County Waste through a contract with KCSA. Pick-up is every other Friday (see monthly bulletin and KCSA website calendar for dates). The toter with the green lid should be put out the night before, or by 7:00 a.m. the day of service. Click here
to view acceptable recyclable items.
ITEMS THAT COUNTY WASTE WILL NOT PICK UP - For questions about a specific item, contact County Waste at the number below.
- Remodeling/demolition material
- Debris from tree removals or landing clearing (stumps, root balls, etc.)
- Batteries (excluding household ones such as AA, C, D, etc.)
- Motor oil
- Paint cans
- Gas cans
- Propane tanks
- Lawn mower engine/parts
- Items containing Freon
- Hazardous waste
- Households chemicals
- Drums and tanks
- Asbestos materials
- Medical waste (Syringes will be accepted as long as properly disposed of – they should be put in plastic containers such as a milk jug, 2 liter bottle, etc. with sealed lid.)
NEW MOVE-IN BOX PICK UP - County Waste provides a one-time, large quantity box pick-up for new residents. Call the KCSA office to schedule.
NEW TOTERS / MISSED PICK-UPS - To order a new toter for your address, for a missed pick-up or any other questions, please call the KCSA office at the number below.
EXTRA TOTERS - To order an additional toter for your address. Contact County Waste at the number below.
TRANSFER & CONVENIENCE STATIONS - For disposal of recyclables and solid waste. Click on the links for business hours and acceptable materials.
Jolly Pond Road Convenience Center & Transfer Station
1204 Jolly Pond Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23188
117 Tewning Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23188
185 Industrial Blvd
For any questions about trash or recycling, call the KCSA office at (757) 645-3454
County Waste Customer Service - (804) 843-9288