Kingsmill Community

  • chevron_rightWhat are these KCSA ID Cards? How do I get them?
    The KCSA ID cards currently gain you access to the community pools, but will be utilized for more in the future.  You can fill out the form and have your pictures taken at the KCSA office at 309 McLaw’s Circle, Suite D.
  • chevron_rightI lost my KCSA ID Card. What do I do?
    Report it to KCSA, a new ID card can be purchased for $5.  Payment must be made in cash or check form.
  • chevron_rightCan I get a guest pass for the pool?
    Yes. House guests or extended family members who live more than 50 miles from Kingsmill, and who are staying with a KCSA member, may be provided a temporary KCSA ID card which would allow said guest(s) use of the swimming pool while the KCSA member is absent.  Guest KCSA ID cards would be issued for a specific time period, and can only be used by the person to whom it was issued.  Guest ID cards would be limited to six per household for any given stay.  Temporary ID card fees for 1-10 days will be $5 per person and 11-90 days will be $20 per person.
  • chevron_rightHow do I rent a space in the Boat/RV/Trailer Storage?
    The storage yard is not run by KCSA.  For information, please contact Kingsmill Resort at (757) 253-3919.
  • chevron_rightWhat is my assessment?
    The assessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month.
  • chevron_rightHow is the amount of my assessment determined?
    A budget is set upon specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, roads, trash pickup, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items: lighting, street resurfacing, pool equipment, etc. These amounts are then divided by the number of lots or units built in a given phase of the development. Subsequent budgets are developed by the Board of Directors and adjusted periodically to meet anticipated expenses.
  • chevron_rightWill my assessment go up?
    There is no concrete answer to this. Typically the Civil Code provides for annual increases, but not to exceed 20 percent per year without the vote of the membership. The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget, increasing your assessment up to this percentage in order to cover increased costs of operating and maintaining the common area and sufficient reserve funds.
  • chevron_rightWhat services are covered by my assessment payment?
    • 35 miles of paved roads including one vehicle bridge (on Mounts Bay Road), associated drainage structures, curbing, guardrails, signage, lighting, etc.
    • Full-qualified police force with approximately 30 police officers, public safety officers and administrative staff
    • Guarded 24-hour gated entrances
    • Full-time property management staff of approximately 12 employees
    • Garbage bins with weekly pick-up
    • Bi-weekly bulk trash pick-up 
    • Bi-weekly recycling pick-up
    • Several miles of paved walking & biking trails including a pedestrian tunnel, four foot bridges and access trail to the James River shoreline
    • Three recreation centers with pools and lifeguards and children's playgrounds
    • Two recreation buildings with meeting spaces
    • Five tennis, two basketball and one pickleball court
    • Maintenance and use of 28-acre Kingsmill Pond
    • Macaulay Mini-Park with fishing dock and foot bridge (KCSA offers canoe/jon boat storage racks for a fee)
    • Landscaped community common areas
    • Snow removal on main roads
    • Monthly copy of INSIDE KINGSMILL Magazine mailed to your home
    • Insurance on common areas
  • chevron_rightWhen is my payment due?
    Dues are to be paid on the first of the month and no later than the fifteenth of the month for condos. All others are due on the 30th of the month.
  • chevron_rightWhere do I mail my payment?
    Kingsmill Community Services Association
    P.O. Box 27898
    Newark, NJ 07101-7898
  • chevron_rightWhat happens if I don't pay my assessment?
    The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in an interest charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the CC&Rs allows the Association to proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.
Governing Documents
  • chevron_rightWhat are the CC&Rs?
    The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&Rs were recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&Rs may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Documents/ Resource Center page of this site.  Click on Governing Documents.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Bylaws?
    The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business.
  • chevron_rightAre there any other rules?
    Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&Rs and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets and pool use hours, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt architectural guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes or extensive exterior changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a charge assessed to your account. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Environmental Preservation Board (EPB), as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be charged for the violation. For more information about this topic visit the Documents/ Resource Center page of this site.  Click on Governing Documents and EPB Policies and Procedures.
  • chevron_rightWhat is a "management company," what do they do, and how do I reach them?
    A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisory capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management company may be reached online through the Management Office page on this website or by phone from the numbers listed on the Contact Us page on this site.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the Board of Directors?
    The Homeowner's Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents found within the Documents/ Resource Center page of this site.  Click on Governing Documents and Bylaws.
  • chevron_rightAre Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?
    Yes. Notice of the time and place of any regular board meeting will be noted in the community newsletter, or accessed online on the Calendar page.